Sunday, July 20, 2008

Being Firm

Belief
"You cannot avoid birds from flying above your head, but you can prevent them from making nest on your head". This is one of many wise words that I usually remember whenever something comes to let me off the track on my belief.
To be honest, the above statement is quite right when it comes to the influence and ideas that might change your mind. I was asked by an interviewer one day about my opinion on many new beliefs. I said that I have came to my basic and standard belief that in the case of faith and belief, the basic point is in the Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, and Sola Gracia. It is to put my base of having this faith in me, without any other isms that will replace it. Has all the 'new' beliefs inluence many people? Yes, but they cannot changed mine on what I have faith in.

Relativism
One thing that I think we need to consider is tha post-modern ideas about relativisms. In their worldview, every human is given the human rights, which is defined as anyone's rights to say and do things as they wish. When it comes to beliefs, I don't think that relativism is applicable. God was, is and will always be one, and that His judgment is intollerant with whatever you or I do. So, when we measure anyone's belief by the standard of human rights, then no belief is absolut for the world. Whe God says that He is a right judge, meaning that He is a right judgement Himself. When He said that only through Him we can afford an eternal living, meaning no other gods is having the same power to do so.

Post-modern needed to be redefined
So, relativism as post-modern 'product of knowledge' has to be redefined. And its 'my right' to say that I am firm to whom I belief, because I know whom I believe in. My doubt is that someone who says that god is all the same is having problem with his/her faith. Meaning he/she doesn't really know what he/she knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment